Learn how to create your own five-course Indian vegan/Vegetarian feast in a practical & intensive three hour workshop with a friend or partner.
Join writer and Indian food enthusiast, Bhavna Kalra, for an evening of wholesome goodness, as you learn all about the basics of vegan OR Vegetarian Indian cooking using seasonal vegetables.
You’ll come away with a whole lot of knowledge on how to prepare your curries, Dals, and vegetable dishes that will become a staple in your kitchen. Not only will this cooking class give you the confidence to get familiar with the spices and lentils that you can use in everyday cooking but will also give you practical tips on how to incorporate a wholesome Indian way of cooking in your daily life.
During the class, we will cover:
– A history of the origin of the dishes we will cook during the class
– Spices 1 – 2 – 3: A rundown on what spices do you need in your kitchen to cook Indian food and where to find them
After the class, you will get to sit down and share the meal that you have cooked lovingly with your own hands.
Menu includes :
· Palak dal – Dal cooked with Spinach
· Curry leaf Aloo – Crispy fried potatoes with curry leaves & mustard seeds
· South Indian Chicken or Prawns or eggs – cooked in a onion & curry leaves gravy
· Spicy Tomato rice
· Beetroot Raita – Beetroot & yoghurt dip
. Poori – Deep fried flatbread
– This course is suitable for people who are gluten intolerant, vegan and/or vegetarian.
– In unforeseen circumstances should we have to reschedule the class, we will notify you in advance and give you new dates to choose from.