Learn how to create your own Six-course Indian vegan/Vegetarian feast in a practical & intensive five hour workshop with a friend or partner.
Join writer and Indian food enthusiast, Bhavna Kalra, for an evening of wholesome goodness, as you learn all about the basics of vegan OR Vegetarian Indian cooking using seasonal vegetables.
You’ll come away with a whole lot of knowledge on how to prepare your curries, Dals, and vegetable dishes that will become a staple in your kitchen. Not only will this cooking class give you the confidence to get familiar with the spices and lentils that you can use in everyday cooking but will also give you practical tips on how to incorporate a wholesome Indian way of cooking in your daily life.
During the class, we will cover:
– A history of the origin of the dishes we will cook during the class
– Spices 1 – 2 – 3: A rundown on what spices do you need in your kitchen to cook Indian food and where to find them
– Being a vegan with Indian cuisine
After the class, you will get to sit down and share the meal that you have cooked lovingly with your own hands.
Menu includes :
– Dal Fry in Instant pot
– A delicious vegetable dish
– A base sauce to make your curries
– Chickpeas or Jackfruit curry with the base sauce
– Lemon rice
– Mushroom Korma
– Stuffed flat bread
– This course is suitable for people who are gluten intolerant, vegan and/or vegetarian.
– If you are booking a group class for 4 – 6 people, we are happy to customize the menu for you.
– In unforeseen circumstances should we have to reschedule the class, we will notify you in advance and give you new dates to choose from.
COVID safety: Due to the current COVID situation, the organiser will be taking the utmost precaution to ensure that the participants are safe. There will be a temperature check conducted on the premise and hand sanitisers provided.